8 Tips To Staying Healthy at Home
Are you finding it hard to stick to your diet when you're at home? It can be tough to stay on track when temptation is all around you, but with a few simple tips, you can make it work. Here are eight ways to keep yourself on track when eating at home.
1. Make sure your kitchen is stocked with healthy foods that you enjoy eating. This way, you'll be less likely to reach for unhealthy snacks.
2. Pre-plan your meals for the week and cook them in advance. This doesn't have to be the whole week but just enough ready to make things as easy as possible to help you stay on track and avoid unhealthy last-minute decisions.
3. Avoid eating mindlessly. Make sure you're really paying attention to what you're eating and how hungry you are. The way I like to do is write what you're going to eat down in a planner and set yourself a specific schedule. This will help you avoid overeating.
4. Get rid of all the tempting junk food in your house. If it's not there, you won't be as tempted to eat it.
5. Find a healthy alternative for your favourite unhealthy foods. This way, you can still enjoy the foods you love without wrecking your diet.
Try adding fruit as a staple snack. Frozen grapes are particularly good for sweet cravings
Look for sweet snacks under 100 calories - popcorn, low calorie bags of crisps, snack jacks, 10 cal jelly pots, frozen grapes
High protein low calorie snacks are also good for reducing cravings- biltong, greek yoghurt/quark/skyr, boiled eggs
Use zero calorie sweeteners, syrups and flavour drops to help give some extra flavour to your food without using up too many calories
Zero calorie drinks - Although not as good as water or cordial, sometimes a zero calorie drink can help with satisfying your cravings
6. Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated can help you feel full and prevent overeating.
7. Get moving - Break up your day with exercise. This could be a walk or short exercise session at home. Not only does this help burn calories and improve fitness, but can also help with sleep, improved blood glucose control and mindset.
8. Find someone to support you in your dieting efforts - a friend, family member, or online community. Having someone to help you stay motivated can make all the difference.
I hope these tips help you in your journey to staying healthy at home. Just remember, every little bit counts and every day is a new opportunity to make healthy choices.
It's never been more essential to understand your resting metabolic rate (RMR) than when your normal routine is disrupted. Keep in mind that your RMR indicates how many calories your body consumes at complete rest, which is considerably more than the number of calories you burn while exercising. This is why knowing your metabolic rate through metabolism testing.
If you're struggling with your weight loss, download our free Fat Loss Accelerator Cheat Sheet below. which walks you through the process we use to help men and women struggling to lose weight.